April 15, 2009

Today was an OK day after all

Yesterday, I was down. Probably a 4 out of ten, and today I was emotionally a 5. But reflecting on the day, there were things that happened, or didn't as the case may be, that colored it in a positive way. For example:

1. My car was NOT stolen from the employee parking lot for the second day in a row. That's a good thing, in my opinion.

2. I received no email, or other written communication, that contained an interrobang (?!). That, too, is a good thing. Especially after yesterday...

3. There was no call from doggie day care pointing out - again - the rash my dog has on his underbelly. Which I've been treating aggressively with pills, creams, shots, and special food for the last 4 years.

4. I ate both fruit and vegetables today. (And, no, I'm not counting ketchup as a vegetable.)

5. I spent exactly $6.35. Seems like just a little bit of money compared to my recent shopping excursions, so I feel like I'm getting back to normal from a spending perspective after my move.

6. I explored a new way home -- without a map. Only had to turn around once, and I found the Melting Pot along the way. It's really not that far from my apartment. Bonus!

7. I decided what to get a friend for their birthday. And I feel good about the decision.

Not an extraordinary day, but overall not too bad...

No comments:

Post a Comment