January 3, 2010

Maps

I'm thinking of renaming this blog "Allyson's Adventures Abroad" (has a nice alliterative sound to it, doesn't it?).

Since I've last blogged, I've been to Koln, Germany; London, UK; and in the US: Massachusetts, New Hampshire, and New Jersey. This week, I head to Cancun, Mexico (for work, I swear!), then on to Barcelona, Spain, in mid-Feburary. I'm planning a trip back to the States in March, and expect my folks to visit me in April.

And one of my new year's resolutions (and I don't make many, or any for that matter) is to plan at least one trip a month this year, while I've got easy (and affordable) access to Europe. Paris is on my list -- and I have a tentative plan for when I'll do that. I'd like to go back to London, this time for pleasure, not for work; Italy's on the list, as is Scotland, more of Germany, Switzerland, and if Spain is pleasant, returning there as well.

Co-workers have said Egypt is a good escape in the cold months, and I'd like to visit Sweden, too. So, lots to plan and save for.

I've noticed that when I make trips to places outside the US, I either buy or pick up a map of the place I'm visiting. Even with my iPhone and Google Maps -- which are indispensible, frankly -- I still like to have a physical map with me, and use it most often upon my return to recall where I've visited and understand how much ground I was able to cover. I'm looking forward to collecting maps on my future trips!

No comments:

Post a Comment